Re: Envoy vs Acrobat

Subject: Re: Envoy vs Acrobat
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 15:29:03 HST

Date: 06/17/96 02:01:04 AM

> Judi Brody/FASTTAX wrote:
> I need to create online user manuals from Help.
> Both Acrobat and Envoy are supposed to be capable
> of this.. Can anyone tell me why I should choose one of these over
> the other?

I don't have alot of experience with Envoy, but have used Acrobat quite a bit.
Acrobat seems to be much more widely used, and has the definate pluses of
being able to save Pagemaker files as .pdf file.<

Envoy is a printer driver that can be used by any Windows program to produce
Envoy (evy) files, so you can easily turn PageMaker files into EVYs. So the
"plus" above is no plus at all.

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net