Tools|Repair Manual|Remove Automatic TOC Bookmarks

Subject: Tools|Repair Manual|Remove Automatic TOC Bookmarks
From: Marta Cepek <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 15:21:12 -0400

Kristy wrote:

>Word itself
>is inserting invisible bookmarks into your document. I highly recommend doing
>what I did: Ran Tools|Repair Manual|Remove Automatic TOC Bookmarks
(deselecting
>other check boxes). This strips out all those nasty bookmarks that
otherwise you
>can't find and destroy.

Which version of Word? My Tools menu (Word 6.0) does not have this. I
didn't find Repair Manual in the Tools|Customize|All Commands list, either.
Where do you access it?

I thought you might mean Edit|Links, but checking just now, I found with a
document that has no other links but the ones generated by Word for the
GOTOBUTTONs of the TOC, the Edit|Links option is dimmed I can't get the
dialog up. Please explain! I could really use this!

Cheers!
Marta Cepek
marta -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net