Re: Database Intranets

Subject: Re: Database Intranets
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:52:57 -0800

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996 19:45:50 -0500, Sally Yeo wrote:

>LaVonna,

>You asked about databases to manage web sites--so did I only a few weeks
>ago. The software is there, but it seems none of us has had much
>experience, as I didn't get many responses.

>The Lotus Notes group at my company is pushing LN for this, and I am
>investigating it now. I will post what I find out.

Sally (and LaVonna) - IBM produces a free web server package (versions
available for OS/2, NT and AIX, I think) that includes full support for
accessing DB2 databases, as well as CICS systems. Lotus Notes should
integrate nicely into the whole bundle as well.

Check out http://www.ics.raleigh.ibm.com/ics/give1.htm for more info...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery,
is a new metaphor for... reality." -- Queensryche

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Next Level
Productions, or anyone else of sound mind from this planet or dimension!

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net