Are you a Senior?

Subject: Are you a Senior?
From: Miki Magyar <miki -dot- d -dot- magyar -at- BANGATE1 -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 08:51:21 MDT

Are you really a Senior Tech Writer if you've only been doing it a few
years? Well, if your org chart says so, who are you to argue? 'Senior'
implies a 'Junior', but sometimes it's only an implication, not a reality.
If you're supervising anyone, even contract workers, you are almost
automatically a Senior. But I know if I were hiring a TW, I'd be more
interested in the writing examples than the label, and looking at length of
time on the job (on the resume) should give a clue as to how much
experience you've had. If you're honest with prospective employers about
what you can do, don't sweat the title. Besides, by the time you're looking
for your next job, you may _be_ a senior writer in truth.

Miki
a Senior person who writes technical stuff

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net