HTML browsers

Subject: HTML browsers
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 22:11:33 -0700

>I've been tasked with finding an HTML brower. I know, not a tough call but I
>have some conditions. It needs to cover a wide variety of platforms (windows -
>16 and 32 bit; mac and numerous flavours of unix) and we must be able to send
>it with our software without paying royalties (IOW free!)

Good luck, Brenda. These criteria eliminate the 2 best (and most commonly
used) browsers. Netscape is on all the platforms, but isn't free, and
MicroSoft IE Explorer is free, but isn't on all the platforms.

Try Mosaic. Or if you're feeling lucky, try MicroSlop. They may eventually
get around to supporting Windows95 platforms one day. ;)

For a long list of browers - some of them free - open up any browser you've
got to:

http://www.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Internet/World_Wide_Web/Browsers/

Look for anything named Mosaic.

David (The Unbiased) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - QUALCOMM isn't that crazy.

Blodo Poa Maximus
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net