Re: Screen capture programs

Subject: Re: Screen capture programs
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:31:31 -0400

>Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:18:59
>To: UC Bobby Collins <ucbcolli -at- SYSTEMA -dot- WESTARK -dot- EDU>
>From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- explorers -dot- com>
>Subject: Re: Screen capture programs

>On capturing screen shots:

>For Windows, I used to simply do a PrintScreen (which doesn't really send
it to the printer), open up Paint, and Paste it. This crops off any part of
the image larger than the displayed work area, which was becoming a problem.

>I just found a new utility, called Professional Capture Systems, which
enables a hot-key combination to capture whatever you have it set up to
capture (ie. window, full screen, object, etc.) and print, save to disk,
etc. It also has a DOS capture feature. I am thrilled with this little gem
- it just came in the mail this week.

>JASC Software
>5610 Rowland Road, Suite 125
>Minnetonka, MN 55343
>Phone 612-930-9800
>Fax 612-930-9172

>It cost me $39.00. The package says it's for Windows 3.x, Windows 95 and
DOS. Granted, it only does the capture, so you will have to save your image
to disk (BMP, PCX, TIFF) and edit elsewhere if you need to modifiy it. DOS
captures saved are PCX only.

Kim Keegan
aka keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
Visit my homepage at