Saving Eudora messages

Subject: Saving Eudora messages
From: Marta Cepek <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 1996 03:30:42 -0400

People are discussing editing/keeping incoming digests.

>>>MS Exchange lets you *edit* and save incoming
>>>messages--even change the subject

>>Nothing new there -- Eudora Lite lets me do it, too.

>I don't think so, but let me know the trick if you know how. ...RM

I also use Eudora, but I haven't been able to find any options that let you
edit the text of incoming messages. The subject line *can* be edited; this,
however, isn't enough to warrant saving a 50K digest for 1 or 2 messages.

What I do is:

1. Block the message I want to keep and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C).
2. Then I create a new message (Ctrl+N). I either leave the TO field blank,
or type in the name of the person who wrote the original so that I can find
easily in my mailbox later. I give it a subject that makes sense to me.
3. I paste the text into the new message (Ctrl+P). If I want to edit it, I
do that now.
4. Then I use the Transfer menu to move the message into the mailbox I want
to save it to. (Click "Yes" on the dialog that asks to save the message).

In this way, I'm not resending the messages to myself, but I still have them
in the mailbox I'd have moved them into if I'd been getting them
individually rather than in digest form.

When I want to reply to a message, I do the same as above, but in step 3,
instead of using (Ctrl+P) to paste the original text into the new message, I
use Ctrl-' (Ctrl-apostrophe). This pastes the text in with the > mark at
the beginning of each line to indicate the quoted text I'm replying to.
That's how I replied to this message.

Cheers!
Marta Cepek
marta -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca