Word wierdness help

Subject: Word wierdness help
From: Richard Farley <rtfarley -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 08:34:31 -0700

Hi All,

My sincere thanks for the helpful replies to my Word problem. The revision
marks were never turned on in my home PC. Needless to say, I didn't know
about them. Just for exploration, I may try the master document feature to
see if it improves on the includetext confusion.

Tim Altom, you are right about the includetext feature, and I did what you
suggested about the same time that you wrote the suggestion (great minds or
some such). Anyway, I brought all of the files into one document. Much
easier to set the appearance the way I wanted it. If the length limits are
around two hundred pages I'll have no problems what so ever. Most of my work
is for operators and technicians to use on the floor, so I purposely keep it
condensed.

I did learn a handy little trick in all of this that may help others. When I
imported the ASCII numerical data, my tables were staggered and terrible
looking. A co-worker suggested changing the font to curier sp?. That did the
trick. Saved a lot of re-aligning work.

Again, my appreciation to everyone.

Richard
"That writer does the most, who gives his reader the most knowledge,
and takes from him the least time." Colton (1780-1832)

Richard Farley
R. Farley Consulting - Technical Writing & Business Communication
2728 El Pasado Dr.
Modesto, CA 95354
rtfarley -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net