Re: Word wierdness

Subject: Re: Word wierdness
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 06:34:00 EST

At 05:44 PM 6/6/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Problem: because one of those computers was set up to print the deleted text
>as strike out I had to change that option. When I did, there was a small
>verticle line left on the left side of the page where the top of that
>deleted section was. I have tried everything to get rid of it and nothing
>has worked. Another of those verticle lines shows up in a file that was
>imported as ASCII courier to preserve the alignment of the numerical table
>layout. Any ideas on how to get rid of the lines?

It sounds like you need to turn off the revision marks. It's under the menu
item Tools/Revisions. It's faithfully letting you know that you've changed a
paragraph by zapping it.

>Another question: when modifying multiple files that are joined using the
>includetext feature; is there an easy way to make modifications? I have had
>to modify both the subdocument and the include doc, then make numerous test
>prints because Word does not always show the true image on the screen. Can I
>modify only one doc, or do they both have to be modified. AND, today I
>discovered what fun it is to attempt to add pages and get the TOC to come
>out correctly.

Righty-oh. You might want to drop the includetext field and go to master
document. It's not bulletproof either, but it's pretty reliable up to a
couple of hundred pages or so. Or, if the docs are short enough, just import
'em all into one doc. The resulting file is bigger but changes are much
easier to do.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.iquest.net/simply/simplywritten

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net