Re: TOOLS: Digest Management - MS Exchange

Subject: Re: TOOLS: Digest Management - MS Exchange
From: Jacob Matthan <findians -at- NETPPL -dot- FI>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 06:37:39 +0300

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, David Jones/KSBEISD wrote:
> Nothing new there -- Eudora Lite lets me do it, too. As usual with MS, they
> don't have an original bone in their bodies (in fact, they inspired my use of
> the cliche!) <G>

David,

How right you are but I go to the days of even before Eudora Lite - maybe
as far back as 7 years ago when a digest called Tidbits was started by a
brilliant Mac enthusiast called Adam Engst (author of Internet Starter
Kit) and his wife Tonya (I think she is ex-Microsoft). It used to
be delivered at my email internet address and I would download it to my
Mac.

Upon decompressing and unstuffing it I used to open this in the Hypercard
programme and the digest opened as a Hypercard stack with index, etc.
and I could edit, remove, etc. and also keep my digests in perfect order
as each subsequent digest was added to the original one.

Then they tied up with this brilliant software guy from Turkey Akif
Eyler who brought out Easy View which is an excellent Mac browser - I think.
The developments as Eudora, etc. were all developed later - well
before MS Exchange was even conceived. I am going by my rather ancient
memory, but this feature is so easy that one gets it free on any Mac,
even a humble 512, the earliest machine of 12 years ago. Do not forget
Hypercard was a free programme bundled with every single Mac right up
till version 2.1 and is, even today, so powerful that almost anything you
want can be done with it as scripting is natural text.

Regards

Jacob, Editor Findians Briefings
http://www.netppl.fi/~findians/editing.html
Oulu, Finland