Useful reference doc. for Windows 95 and Office Suite

Subject: Useful reference doc. for Windows 95 and Office Suite
From: Nicole Burton <nburton -at- FDIC -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:39:02 EDT

My agency is moving to Windows 95 and contemplating a move to Microsoft
Office Suite. Individuals will receive computer-based training, and I am on
a task force to select some reference books that would be given to them. In
addition to having these books and the built-in on-line help, we will have an
intranet site that links the users to useful information and web sites.

We have decided that everyone (10,000 users) should have a small Win 95 book
and are undecided on the rest at this point. I would like to hear from you
as to what (if any) printed references you find useful for Windows 95, Word,
Excel, etc.

The audience for these books varies from those who have considerable Windows
3.1 and WordPerfect 6.1 for Windows expertise (approx. 30%) to those who have
minimal Windows expertise and who still use WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS (approx.
30 %) to somewhere in between (the rest). About one-third of our users are
field-based bank examiners who probably don't want a lot of bulky material to
carry.

Thanks, NB

NBURTON -at- FDIC -dot- GOV

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net