Lament

Subject: Lament
From: "J. Bell" <johnbell -at- MNSINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 09:06:33 -0500

I went to two job fairs yesterday. Each fair had about 40 companies looking
to fill high-tech positions. Each company posted a listing of jobs
available. Only
three companies out of the 80 or so advertised for technical writers.

Undeterred, I asked at each booth if they needed any tech writers. Invariably
the answer was "Yes"! I handed out 50 resumes. (I ran out just before the last
booth. I've promised to mail them one today.)

Overall the prospects are good. I've got interviews lined up. One recruiter even
chased me down at another recruiter's booth when one his co-recruiters shared my
resume with him.

So why am I unhappy?
Why is it that these high-tech companies posted job listings for programmers,
engineers, UNIX support, etc. but "forgot" to post tech writer positions? All of
the hot prospects I have were with companies that didn't post the openning.

--- John Bell
johnbell -at- mnsinc -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net