Re: Checkered Graphics - Help

Subject: Re: Checkered Graphics - Help
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 1996 00:21:16 PDT

Carla Lotito writes:

>Problem: Scroll bars in Windows 95 have a light gray color - this color is
>in fact checkered, made up of white and gray (when you zoom in very very
>close).When I print the image, the scroll bar comes out checkered gray and
>white.

>Do you have any solutions other than retouching each single image? Changing
>the windows standard colors is out of the question since we may need to
>reuse the images in color.

There are several approaches:

1. Live with it. Retouching screen captures is a monumental waste of
time.

2. Decide that changing the Windows color scheme isn't "out of the
question." Maybe you can change the colors so it looks more or less
the same, but uses a real grey. Maybe your putative future need
for color isn't that important. Maybe grabbing all the screens
twice, in two color schemes, is simpler than hand-retouching the
screens in a paint program.

Personally, I never touch screen captures, except to crop them. Life's
too short, and it's filled with too many screen captures.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net