Re[2]: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent Are They? - LONG (

Subject: Re[2]: Programming Tools -- How Prevalent Are They? - LONG (
From: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 13:30:00 -0600

For example, why would the average person be interested in math or
science when our culture has planted the techno-dweeb image so firmly
in his or her mind--not only using television and film, but in the
very concepts of what constitutes masculinity and femininity?
Obviously, the average learner's attention is going to be lessened if
they've learned that the culture doesn't value whatever the learner is
being taught.

Not being a Gen-Xer (I'm a fat, balding, overaged hippie, myself) I probably
shouldn't comment. But implicit in the above statement is an attitude that
really knots my shorts.

Ever notice how our deficiencies are never our fault? They're always someone
else's fault. Our bad habits are just that -- ours. We may have had the
benefit of good teachers, but we still learned 'em ourselves, we did, and we
orta be proud of 'em, and not be so quick to credit someone else.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net