Re: Doing your own graphics

Subject: Re: Doing your own graphics
From: Ollie Cornes <ollie -at- XARA -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 13:55:22 +0100

David Jones said:
> Another tool to check out is CorelXara. It's a combined illustration/paint
> program, like Canvas. I understand it is *very fast*. It was *not* a Corel
> product -- they bought it from someone else.

CorelXARA is developed by Xara Ltd (for whom I am currently
working) in the UK. It was originally released last year as
"Xara Studio" before marketing was taken over by Corel (we
continue to develop the product).

I'm of course totally biased, but as a technical writer I find
it totally invaluable for producing graphics for help implementations.
It's also incredibly good at WWW graphics.

> I am checking into CorelXara, particularly for work on Web stuff.

Feel free to pass any comments on the software to me. Including the
help, of course. =8-)

If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to mail me.

Regards,

Ollie.
--
Xara Ltd. http://www.xara.com/