Re: A question about definitions

Subject: Re: A question about definitions
From: David Hailey <FAHAILEY -at- WPO -dot- HASS -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 09:39:19 -0600

Hi everybody,

I am presenting a paper in the computers and writing conference about
definitions as concerns multimedia, hypermedia, hypertext. In the
academic community it is probably worth examining the topic so that
as we talk about it, we stand on relatively common ground.

However, as practicing professionals do you see enough difference
between the three to drive how you build your projects? . . . and if you
see a difference, how do you define them differently?

If you will respond to me privately, I will post the results.

Here are the questions again:
1) Do you see multimedia, hypermedia, and hypertext as different?
2) If you see them as different, to what extent does that drive your
project design?
3) How do you define them?

If you don't work on projects of this nature but would like to respond, I
would be interested in your opinions, too.

David E. Hailey, Jr.
Assistant Professor
Professional Writing/Multimedia (Hypermedia? Hypertext?)
Utah State University

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net