RDBS Terminology: Recap

Subject: RDBS Terminology: Recap
From: DAVID IBBETSON <ibbetson -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 08:59:52 -0400

Melonie asks:
>One more question--the single block formed by
>an intersection of a row and a column, in a Word
>or Frame table this is called a cell. However, the
>programmers tell me you call both this single block
>and the column a "column". That, I know, will not
>fly with my readers.

>Any suggestions?

Would your readers understand "field" e.g. "surname field"?
I don't do much with data bases or spread sheets. (haven't willingly touched
them for some years).

David (the unwillingly databased idiot in toronto) Ibbetson
David Ibbetson ibbetson -at- idirect -dot- com
133 Wilton Street #506 Phone (416) 363-6692
Canada M5A 4A4 Fax (416) 363-4987

Post Message: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Get Commands: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "help" in body.
Unsubscribe: LISTSERV -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU with "signoff TECHWR-L"
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net

Previous by Author: copyright issues / binders
Next by Author: Re: SUGGESTION: TechWR and Translation
Previous by Thread: Re: RDBS Terminology: Recap
Next by Thread: Thank you, LaVonna and Kim!

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads