On-line help for Mac

Subject: On-line help for Mac
From: Dianne Walsh <ldwalsh -at- VOICENET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 19:35:38 -0400

I'm new to this list and maybe this has been discussed before, but . . . my
company is developing a new product that will be sold to PC and Mac users.
It is a testing tool to be used by Forte programmers. Our office is all-PC,
Windows 3.1.1, and I am currently using Word 6.0 and RoboHelp to develop
help files for other projects. Today, the question arose as to what we
should do about our potential Mac customers. I can save Word files as Word
for Mac files and that will take care of any hardcopy documentation we need
to produce, but now comes the hard part--the on-line help. I noticed that
RoboHelp files can be saved in Word for Mac, but does that mean they'll
actually run on a Mac? I have my doubts, but I thought maybe some of you
have run into this same situation. Is the only real solution to tell my boss
to buy me a Mac?

While I'm not new to tech writing by any means, I am new to Winhelp. Until
six months ago, we did everything the old-fashioned (paper) way.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Dianne Walsh E-Mail: ldwalsh -at- voicenet -dot- com
Sr. Technical Writer or: ldw -at- locke -dot- ccil -dot- org
MEDecision Inc.

. . .but words are very rascals. --W. Shakespeare
You ain't kiddin', Will. --D. Walsh

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net