Maturity or moderation, take your pick

Subject: Maturity or moderation, take your pick
From: Richard Farley <rtfarley -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 08:41:38 -0700

At 12:00 AM 5/4/96 -0500, The GREAT Guy McDonnald wrote:

HOLD THE PHONE Mabel!! A Massachusetts company forecasting weather for our
area? Hell, the local Voodoo Weather "forecasters" statistics are:

80% incorrect in weather forecast
19% partially correct in the forecast (which falls into the "incorrect
catagory")
1% pre-empted by a Seahawk game

Here's my take for all you out-of-town folks... IT RAINS ALL THE TIME HERE.
Sooooo.... remember that if you ever consider relocating to the Pacific
Northwest! We have lousy weather... yuk! And *that advice* goes double
for all you Kalifornicators. ,-)

"Kalifornicators?"
I for one am sick and tired of this clown taking pot shots at just about
everything but himself, then retreating into his hole to sharpen his claws
for the next attack! If this is supposed to be a moderated list, how about
moderating this jerk. If he can't say something that contributes positive
value then he can learn to keep his virtual mouth shut! I have been more
than willing to abide by the rules of this list up to now, but this smart
mouth comment about Californians, check the spelling GM, is completely out
of line.

BTW, don't give me one of your canned little comments about taking this off
line because you are too much of a coward to appologise for your rude,
adolescent behavior that is regularly displayed on line. As for the
fictitious post in his name, I think it was the closest thing to an adult
comment that he has made yet. Too bad it wasn't his. You should have taken
credit for it GM, it was a distinct improvement.

If your only talent is taking cheap, childish shots at people why not take
it to one of those dull whitted little virtual rooms where the insults are
traded on an ongoing basis. There you will feel at home. Spare the rest of
us the (yawns), and the wise cracks, the rudeness, and your rambling
rhetoric about the rest of the world not being up to your lofty standards.
If you are a technical communicator, then act like it. So far the only thing
I've seen is communicationi on the sixth grade level.

So what do you say Guy? Can you apologise for your rudeness and let it drop?
Or are we going to be subjected to years of little shots from the dark
whenever I make further posts to this list?

I will make my apologies to the good folks on this list for letting Mr.
Personality get to me. With this one exception, everyone on this list has
been helpful and polite.

"That writer does the most, who gives his reader the most knowledge,
and takes from him the least time." Colton (1780-1832)

Richard Farley
R. Farley Consulting - Technical Writing & Business Communication
2728 El Pasado Dr.
Modesto, CA 95354
rtfarley -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net