Seattle weather

Subject: Seattle weather
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 May 1996 08:32:12 -0500

Hey, I can appreciate the comments about unpredictable weather! I live in
Oklahoma after all. However, if you (like me) have never been to the
Northwest, you could make some really bad assumptions about springtime and
be left chilly! Anyway, here's a really helpful message sent by Brenda
about the weather in Seattle. (I think I'll pack a sweater or two and
forget the shorts. If Seattle greets me with rain, I'll enjoy a sight that my
state hasn't seen enough of.)

--LaVonna

>>From root Fri May 3 07:58:10 1996
>Date: Fri, 03 May 96 08:59:16 EST
>From: bphuettner -at- wsicorp -dot- com
>Subject: Seattle weather

> I live in Massachusetts, but work for a company that provides weather
> information. It looks like Seattle will be rainy and "cool" - in the
> 60s, which seems positively balmy to me.

> The forecast goes like this:

> today: partly sunny with showers. isolated afternoon thunderstorms.
> cool with highs near 55. south wind 5 to 15 mph this morning.
> wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 mph north of seattle and
> southwest 10 to 20 mph seattle southward in the afternoon.

> tonight: showers with isolated evening thunderstorms. lows near 40.
> southwest wind 10 to 15 mph south part and northwest 10 to 15
> mph north part.

> saturday: partly sunny with scattered showers. highs around 55.

> temperature / precipitation
> seattle 55 39 56 / 60 60 40

> sunday through tuesday: showers at times and cool. chance of
> thunderstorms in the afternoons and evenings monday and
> tuesday. lows 35 to 45. highs around 55.

> as of 330 am pdt fri may 3 1996

> By the way, this comes off our web page Intellicast
> (www.intellicast.com)... we made a deal with NBC so that each tv
> stations is responsible for updating the weather for their own
> location. Seems to be working well.

> Brenda
> bphuettner -at- wsicorp -dot- com

LaVonna F. Funkhouser, COREComm
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com (work)
http://www.corecomm.com/corecomm/

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net