Client Documentation for Object Oriented Applications

Subject: Client Documentation for Object Oriented Applications
From: Julie Tollefson <juliet -at- SKY -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 13:54:44 -0700

My company, DST Systems, Inc., is beginning to develop OO applications. I
read an article in December 1994 issue of Technical Communication (I
think) that described the process for documenting the objects.
DST will be developing this type of documentation. However, we are also
trying to determine how our process for developing client documentation
will change as more and more applications are developed in OO. I
would be interested in hearing how you have changed your process when
documenting OO applications. Our chief concern is that with the reuse
of objects we will have less time to develop the documentation. So, how
have you structured your documentation so that you are also reusing
"documentation objects"?

Thanks.

Karen Ferland
Principal Technical Writer