HTML frames - help needed

Subject: HTML frames - help needed
From: Stephanie Copp <copp -at- FOX -dot- NSTN -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 20:59:07 GMT

I'm in the midst of creating web pages for an intranet. Since all of
my readers will be using Netscape 2.x , I have been asked to use
frames for two small documents.

I'm having problems linking between these two documents. The frames
are a 30/70 split with the 30% holding a fully linked table of
contents. When I added a link in the table of contents to the second
"framed" document, the whole document loaded into the 30% toc frame.

I'm hoping someone has some suggestions on how to get around this. I
keep thinking I have to do something special with the <a href...> tag
or the frame tag and its target but nothing I have tried seems to
work. My searches of Netscape's frame documents has produced nothing.

TIA

Stephanie

Stephanie Copp
Technical Writer, CIBC
copp -at- io -dot- org (home) copp -at- fox -dot- nstn -dot- ca (work)

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net