Word 7

Subject: Word 7
From: Marta Cepek <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:31:57 -0400

Thanks to the 8 people who replied so quickly!! As there was considerable
interest in the differences between Word 6 and Word 7, here is a summary of
the responses:

* Basically, there are no *significant* changes between Word 6 and Word 7.
* If you are proficient in Word 6, you'll have no problem going to Word 7.
* No Word 6 features seem to be missing.
* All of the commands and function keys have stayed the same.
* Word 7 files can be opened in Word 6 (& vice versa) without "Save As".
* Templates and macros created in Word 6 work perfectly in Word 7 (and
presumably vice versa).

There are a few cosmetic changes and minor enhancements:
* Spell-checking as you type (any words not recognized are underlined with a
red wavy line, and the word can then be right clicked for spelling options).
* Highlighting feature.
* Long file names.
* Find File is built into the Open File dialog box now.
* The interface represents the Win95 interface so dialogs and windows function
accordingly.
* And, presumably because of the better use of resources by Win95, Word 7
runs faster, more smoothly, doesn't crash as much, and is truly multitasking
(i.e., you can actually keep using Word while you print!).

Finally, Nancy A. McDonald suggested:

>There's a great listserv that I've been using and getting wonderful
>advice: here's their address:
>Sender: owner-word-pc -at- ufobi2 -dot- uni-forst -dot- gwdg -dot- de
>To: WORD-PC -at- UFOBI2 -dot- UNI-FORST -dot- GWDG -dot- DE

Thanks again to the people who responded!

Cheers!
Marta Cepek
marta -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net