Trainers & Tech Writers in One Dept

Subject: Trainers & Tech Writers in One Dept
From: Carl Rudorf <crudorf -at- CCMGATE -dot- MBSBOOKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 17:27:33 CST

Hello:

Our shop is considering merging "Systems Training" & "Systems Documentation."
Those of us involved think this might be a good idea, especiallly since we
duplicate a lot of written doc. One of the issues, however, has to do with
salary. Specifically, the difference between what a trainer and tech writer
earn. Does anybody have any general guidelines on this? Also, since this is some
what off list, are there better resources I might consult? Ultimately, what I'd
like to know is the salary spread for trainers.

TIA for your input.

carl

crudorf -at- mbsbooks -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net