Annoying, questionable job postings

Subject: Annoying, questionable job postings
From: Richard Farley <rtfarley -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 05:36:48 -0700

On Sunday April 21 John Gear wrote
<snip>

This is the PERFECT MESSAGE for the RIGHT FREQUENT POSTER!!

Wanted: Help wanted posters who put the location of the job in the subject
line!

NO OTHER POSTINGS ARE DESIRED!!!!!!!
PLEASE DON'T SEND OTHER POSTINGS TO THE LIST!!!!
DO NOT REPLY BY E-MAIL OR TO THIS POSTER!!!!!!
<snip>

Like John Gear I am rather annoyed by the "meat shop" job posting that keeps
surfacing on this list. Isn't this a little too much like spamming?

I replied to this, just for grins, and received back a near useless tutorial
on composing an ASCII resume for this so called business. It gave me the
feeling that I was being crammed into a small little virtual box in the back
of HAL-2000 to wait until this automated meat shop spit my data out. Thanks,
but no thanks!

As far as I am concerned old HAL can go off and perform whatever form of
self dianostics make it feel good, and leave the rest of us alone.

Richard
rtfarley -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
"That writer does the most, who gives his reader the most knowledge,
and takes from him the least time." Colton (1780-1832)

Richard Farley
R. Farley Consulting - Technical Writing & Business Communication
2728 El Pasado Dr.
Modesto, CA 95354
rtfarley -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com
Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net