Re: OCSTC Seminar

Subject: Re: OCSTC Seminar
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 22:57:00 PDT

Please see the areas surrounded by asterisks.

Marilynne
At 09:01 AM 4/15/96 -0700, Robert Morgan Courtney wrote:
>Please review. If the content is too wordy or long please let me know
>and I will cut down the message in the future.
** You are brave to solicit the opinions of this group. I've tried to
indicate where I would make changes using asterisks. If it's unreadable,
send it back to me and I'll write it all out. ***
>Thanks,
>News Release
>For Immediate Release

>Contact: Sandi Giles
>STC Press Release line
>(714) 863-7666
>E-mail: 71532 -dot- 570 -at- compuserve -dot- com

>Using Scanners and Enhancing Your Images

>Irvine, CA. -- Up-to-date information is a must to keep up with
>today's fast paced technology.
*** To keep up with today's fast-paced technology, you need up-to-date
information***
*** The Orange County STC has developed a seminar that can . . . ***
This seminar can help you add scanned
*** Start a new paragraph here - people scan press releases ****
>Join Aaron Imaoka
** delete this ->**for an informative day of learning**add this ->** to
learn *** how to scan photographs and __enhance them__ (not the right words)
for the most impact. ****about techniques on how to enhance them.

>Aaron is employed by Rockwell Semiconductor Systems of Newport Beach as
>a Senior Technical Writer.
*** delete this -->In his endeavors, he has learned to use hand
>held scanners, flatbed scanners, and CCD cameras.****
He is responsible for
>some of the outstanding images seen on the OCSTC web pages, as well as
>** delete this --> having some of them*** publishing them (bit of a change
here) in one of the country's largest amateur
>astronomy oranization's newsletter. He ** delete />*belongs to* is a member
of *** the EOA
>(Electronically Oriented Astronomy) SIG (special interest group), where
>he helped design and build the clubs CCD camera which takes and
>processes digital images.
*** Aaron is an expert at using hand- held scanners, flatbed scanners, and
CCD cameras.

>**delete -->To make a reservation for ** Reserve a place now and attend
***this outstanding meeting. Call (714)
>863-7666. The meeting will be held at Unisys Corporation, 25725
>Jeronimo Rd., Mission Viejo on **Saturday,** May 11, 1996 from 10:00 AM to
4:30 PM.
>$40 Members/$60 Nonmembers.

>The Society for Technical Communication is a non-profit organization
>dedicated to providing educational programs and networking
>opportunities in technical communication for its members and the
>community. The STC has more than 20,000 members internationally and
>boasts nearly 400 members in the Orange County Chapter.
>###
<snip>
Hope this helps and I hope you get more suggestions than just mine. We have
some fine writers on the list. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Marilynne (who lives in San Diego, but will be in the air on the way to
Seattle the day of the conference.)
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net