Re: Windows terminology (aka tab thingys)

Subject: Re: Windows terminology (aka tab thingys)
From: Tony Ioven/Voice Processing Corp <Tony_Ioven/Voice_Processing_Corp -at- VPRO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 07:42:42 -0500

Julie MacAller writes:
> According to the "Windows Interface Guidelines for Software Design"
> included with Visual C++, they're called "property pages." A
> collection of property pages is called a property sheet.

I'd be careful about using a term from a programmer's guide. A term in a
programmer's guide isn't always the same as the term Microsoft recommends for
end-user docs (for example, "accelerators" vs. "shortcut keys"). Also, I think
"property pages" and "property sheet" sound a little highfalutin.

I think "page" sounds right. A couple of people on the list have used "page"
to describe what you access when you click a tab, but the tendency seems to be
to want to call it something else.

Anyone know what the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications calls
these tabbed thingys?

Tony Ioven
tioven -at- vpro -dot- com

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net