Information Mapping

Subject: Information Mapping
From: Phil Hey <HEY -at- BRIAR-CLIFF -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 05:51:01 -0500

Information Mapping is a *proprietary* formatting system in which
a few organizing and formatting principles are claimed to serve
for developing all sorts of documents (both paper and electronic).
I've read several critical articles and the *proprietor's*
I've had a few unauthorized peeks at the training manuals.
My 2 cents' worth says that although the principles go generally in
the right direction, the results is that everything looks alike
and is unresponsive to different audiences' needs -- and that the
whole program is expensive as hell. Right now IM is trying to sell
software comparable to Page Mill, with IM formatting built in, for
a price of -- are you ready for this? -- $995. Enough said.