Definition of information mapping? -Reply

Subject: Definition of information mapping? -Reply
From: Bill Sullivan <bsullivan -at- SMTPLINK -dot- DELTECPOWER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 10:45:20 -0700

>>Can anyone give me a short definition of information mapping?

What I know of is Information Mapping, a registered trademark of
Information Mapping, Inc., of Waltham, MA (1-800-MAP-4544). It was
developed by Robert E. Horn. It is a method of training, applicable
to technical documentation, in which information is boiled down,
reduced, and presently simply, according to the registered
trademarked Information Mapping Method (they use a capital M). The
Method is based on such principles as the chunking principle, the
relevance principle, the labeling principle, the consistency
principle, and principles of accessible detail, integrated graphics,
and the hierarchy of chunking and labeling. Of course, I am giving
you all of this from memory.

For deeper details, you might see if your library has Horn's book, or
you could call Information Mapping or e-mail my favorite authority on
the subject, Shirley Tweedell at STweedell -at- aol -dot- com -dot-

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- deltecpower -dot- com
San Diego, California

>>> Kim Fawcett <kfawcett -at- DY4 -dot- COM> - 4/12/96 8:46 AM >>>
Hi folks,

Can anyone give me a short definition of information mapping?
What would information mapping techniques include?

Thanks a lot!

- Kim Fawcett
(kfawcett -at- dy4 -dot- com)

***