Re: headhunters from anywhere

Subject: Re: headhunters from anywhere
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 07:13:55 -0400

At 01:42 PM 4/11/96 -0500, Gretchen Toth wrote:
>I recently spoke to a technical communication class and was trying
>suggest some job searching techniques, one them being to contact a
>headhunter. Sue Gallagher asked about the Bay area; what about
>other areas? How *can* a student locate information on headhunters
>besides the yellow pages?

Read the classified ads in your local paper. In every city I've lived in,
the major paper has a Careers (sometimes a high-tech Careers) section at
least once a week. Look for agencies that want tech writers, of course, but
also look for agencies that want programmers and engineers.

Chances are that high-tech companies who are expanding need tech writers,
even if they don't know it yet!

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor