UNIX ONLY utilities for Tech Writers

Subject: UNIX ONLY utilities for Tech Writers
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:54:11 -0700

>What utilities do you Unix-folk love to use?

VI! Also grep, SED, and C-shell scripts. UNIX
is one nasty OS - you can do virtually _anything_
you want if you don't mind writing crypic
scripts and/or learning Perl.

>Mind you, I hate text interfaces

Well, OK. I admit that I'm an old-fogie command line lover.
So you can get most or all of the above via EMACS and Motif.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer & Web Site Designer
Qualcomm

The usual disclaimers apply - I don't speak for QUALCOMM, they don't speak
for me....