Re: Message Confirmation??

Subject: Re: Message Confirmation??
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:24:00 PDT

Guy wrote:

>I like the idea Eric. This keeps the shitheads off the list. It *could
>possibly* minimize the volume of moronic messages too! *Some* of our more
>enlightned communicators continue to post such crap, and may think twice if
>they have to hurdle a confirmation gauntlet. Doubtful, but a dream huh?

Maybe I was just put off by Guy's potty-talk, but I think I'd swing the
other way. Unless Eric has more free time than I think he does, this seems
like a recipe for disaster, and possibly overkill. To quote Guy, how many
"shitheads" are we talking about? Not that many, and to me, the posts in
question were obviously flame-bait, not worthy of much discussion. Kind of
like trick questions on an exam.

As for policing "the volume of moronic messages", I think each of us do that
every time we see a header. Or, in some cases, a sig. Meanwhile, I guess us
moronic, un-enlightened communicators will have to keep trying until we get
it right.

Garret Romaine
gromaine -at- radisys -dot- com