Re: LAB REPORTS

Subject: Re: LAB REPORTS
From: "Knight, Wendy" <wak7 -at- NIP1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:12:00 EST

I recently received an e-mail from a friend who is writing a book and needs
help locating some information. I was unable to help him, but I told him I
would post his message on the techwr-l and hope for the best. Thanks to
anyone who can help him. His e-mail is as follows:

"I am completing a manuscript for a technical writing book for engineers,
scientists, and technicians covering all aspects of technical writing from
research to developing several different type of technical documents (i.e.,
memos, letters, e-mail, procedures, training manuals, reports, and
proposals).
A major element of the book focuses on developing these documents with
today's
technology (e.g., automated library systems, Internet, word processing,
desktop publishing, and computer graphics, etc.). Also, the book includes
samples of technical documents from many private companies and agencies.
The
manuscript is almost complete and is scheduled to go to the publisher next
Monday.

The one area I have not been able to complete is the section on lab
reports.
Specifically, I need a sample lab report I can include in the manuscript.
Ideally, it should be an exceptional lab report to show readers the proper
format and style of these important documents. Although I could not include

whole lab report, I do plan to show selected parts. . .

It would be a great help if you could help me locate such a report. For
your
information the book will be published by the ASME Press (Society of
Mechanical Engineers).

If you can help me please e-mail me your telephone number so I can call you
about the report. I will be in my office for most of the day on Tuesday and
could call you at your convenience.

Thanks for your help.

John H. White
phone: (334)575-7396
e-mail: 72430 -dot- 60 -at- CompuServe -dot- COM