Re: RoboHelp Books

Subject: Re: RoboHelp Books
From: Jim Grey <jimgrey -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 08:13:00 EST

Steve Delanghe (zulu -at- CIX -dot- COMPULINK -dot- CO -dot- UK) reports:
>> _Developing Online Help for Windows_
>> (Boggan, Farkas, and Welinske, SAMS Publishing, 1993, ISBN
>> 0-672-30230-6)
>I'm told this is now out of print (as are other useful titles like
>Norman's "The Design of Everyday Things"). A short life but a happy one...

Fortunately, a friend of mine is a development editor at SAMS and was able
to dig up a copy for me. The latest version of this book is retitled to
_Developing Online Help for Windows 95_ (International Thompson Computer
Press, ISBN 185032-211-2. International Thompson has a UK address, Steve:
Berkshire House 168-173, High Holborn, London WCIV 7AA.)

As I cleaned out my office at my last job, I considered stealing the copy of
_The Design of Everyday Things_ that was on my bookshelf. It *was* a useful
title. Now that I know it is out of print, I sort of wish I had bent my
character a bit. (When I unpacked my boxes at this job, I found that my
wife had unknowingly packed a couple other books belonging to my previous
company. Maybe I should have asked her to pack the bookshelf containing
_The Design of Everyday Things_! :->)

Peace,
jim
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jimgrey -at- iquest -dot- net|lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoingsteadyta