Contract work newbie

Subject: Contract work newbie
From: WaverlyD -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 13:13:46 -0500

Me: Hello, my name is Ray. I'm a techwhirler.
You: Hello Ray!

I am about to enter the wild and wooley world of contract work. Previously,
I've done the
full-time-see-you-nine-to-five-gosh-aren't-the-benifits-great-thing.

To those of you who have worked contract jobs in the past, Lord hear my plea.

1. Do any of you present your own contracts to employers? If so, do you have
some type of template you use to create a contract?

2. If the employer insists upon using their own contract, is there any
language/terminology/clauses I should avoid having included in
the contract? For example: We (referred to further as employer) may
terminate your (referred to further as dunderhead) contract any time we
damn well please and have you shot and buried in a mass grave if we so
wish.

3. Along the lines of number two, are there any clauses you normally include
to protect yourself?

Thanks, in advance, for your help and kindness,
Ray "I'm not a dunderhead, damnit" Pidge