Re: Agents for freelance techwhirlers

Subject: Re: Agents for freelance techwhirlers
From: Nigel Legg <nigel -at- TYPESWIT -dot- U-NET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 22:41:28 +0100

I was quite surprised to see the figure of 15% proposed for an agent's fee.
As a freelancer this side of the pond I'm more used to an average of 25%
commission on the initial contract and a long and involved negotiation on
percentages on renewal. Long term contracts with agencies on a firm's
preferred supplier list may come down to 14 or 15% but our agencies reckon
to be cutting their own throats at this rate.

Just an observation.

Nigel
Nigel Legg
Typeswitch Ltd
Timperley, Cheshire, UK
nigel -at- typeswitch -dot- u-net -dot- com