Office ergonomics

Subject: Office ergonomics
From: "HOLA235 -at- WLNIVM1" <HOLA235 -at- LNI -dot- WA -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 11:35:11 GMT

Howdy whirlers,

I tend to be kind of quiet around here, but had to jump in on this
discussion. One of my past job assignments was to write a guideline on
ergonomics to help employers set up a program. (This was in anticipation
of an OSHA standard killed by Congress.) It's got some great basic
information in it, including office checklists, for preventing RSIs like
Carpal Tunnel (there's a bunch of others).

I don't personally have access to the supply cabinet, but you can get a
copy of the "Ergonomics Program Guideline" by calling:

1-800-423-7233

or writing to:

Dept of Labor & Industries
Consultation & Compliance Services
PO Box 44640
Olympia, WA 98504-4640

It's a great resource, it's free and your employer may love it too!

Would love to hear if anybody requests a copy and gets any good out of
it.

Laura Brand-Bauer Team Standards:
HOLA235 -at- lni -dot- wa -dot- gov Committed to reg reform