Re: Interleaf and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Subject: Re: Interleaf and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
From: Karen Kay <karenkay -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:32:23 -0800

>Does anyone out there know of any studies that compare the incidence of
>carpal
>tunnel syndrome (CTS) among persons using various platforms and applications?
>We use Interleaf on a Sun platform, which is very menu-driven. Do writers
>who
>use Interleaf on a Sun have a higher chance of developing CTS than those who
>use FrameMaker on a PC or Word on a Macintosh?

Writers who use Interleaf on a Sun probably have a higher chance of
developing CTS than writers who use FrameMaker on a Sun simply because
Frame offers control key alternatives and Interleaf doesn't. I believe
this answers your general question, too--applications that offer
control key alternatives would lead to a less high rate of CTS than
those that are purely mouse-driven.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com