Re: chemical hoods

Subject: Re: chemical hoods
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 1996 17:07:00 +1000

I think the discussion on different terms is important for us as
American English, UK English, Australian English etc are the same. If I
have the potential to cause a life threatening situation because I use a
term that the audience doesn't know, I am not doing my job well. I think
it is a very common misconception that all English is the same. A fume
hood or whatever has the potential to be life threatening, it does matter
how you refer to it.

Colleen Dancer
dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au