How do you use e-mail in the editing process?

Subject: How do you use e-mail in the editing process?
From: "Monica L. Younger" <myounger -at- CARBON -dot- CUDENVER -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 1996 20:05:07 -0700

I am a graduate student writing a short paper for my classmates entitled,
"Using E-mail in the editing of technical documents." I have identified
the different components of the editing process below, with help from
Carolyn Rude's book, *Technical Editing*, and I intend to
discuss how (if at all) e-mail can be used in the components I have listed.

-Planning/defining the project

-Budgeting and scheduling

-Gathering material

-Analyzing the document

-Copyediting

-Substantive editing

-Conferencing with writers

-Conferencing with printers

-Production

-Distribution

Thanks for sharing your particular strategies for using this
device as a tool for editing. I will be happy to share my results with
anyone who requests an electronic copy of the final paper.

Monica L. Younger
MSTC
Student Liaison to the Office of the President
University of Colorado
Boulder Campus Box 35
E-mail: myounger -at- carbon -dot- cudenver -dot- edu
VOICE: (303) 492-6201
FAX: (303) 492-6772
(303) 860-7097