Re: Liability

Subject: Re: Liability
From: "Colleen Dancer (02) 333-1862" <DANCER -dot- COLLEEN -at- A2 -dot- ABC -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 10:45:00 +1100

For peoples interest. Within Australia, if you purchase a software
package and it does not do the job the sales assistant tell you, you are
entitled to a refund. Although all software sellers tell you no refunds
unless goods are faulty, this is not true. I have successfully demanded
my money back after I had installed the software because it did not do
what the sales asssistant had said. (Yes I deleted the software :) )

YOu do have to fight to get the refund, but the magic words Consumer
Affairs make a big difference. I also believe that we need some sort of
software liability. (Although that becomes a minefield)

Colleen Dancer

dancer -dot- colleen -at- a2 -dot- abc -dot- net -dot- au