Re: Re. Magnum to-do lists

Subject: Re: Re. Magnum to-do lists
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 18:32:40 -0800

> - Many books on my "read them someday" list are Cs, but
> when I run out of A books, I won't have to look far for
> replacements.

Fat chance you'll run out of A books. And if you do, those old C books
probably aren't as relevant as they were back in '06, when you first added
them to your list.

> Moreover, some Cs are quick
> to accomplish, and make excellent filler when the time
> between As is too small to fit in a B.

This is a slippery slope. Pretty soon you're doing things just to cross them
off your list, not because they're the most important thing for you to be
working on.

I didn't mean to belittle anyone's time-management techniques, and I
certainly don't hold myself up as an expert on the subject. However, I think
that some of you who have written to justify long ToDo lists are describing
other management tools disguised as ToDo lists. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC