Re: Mouses/Pointers & wrist problems

Subject: Re: Mouses/Pointers & wrist problems
From: Sally Yeo <sallyyeo -at- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 08:21:51 -0600

To minimize physical problems from mousing:
Keep your arms bent at a 90 degree angle and close to the body
Use the mouse from this position (I know, most furniture doesn't
support this)

AVOID stretching. Depressing your fingers (clicking) while the
arm is extended puts a great deal of strain on the muscles and tendons
in the forearm and shoulder.

As a last resort, try a different kind of mouse.
Some of our writers have installed an area for the mouse as an extension
to the keyboard holder. We use keyboard trays. Only tall people actually
work at desk height.

I am not a physical or occupational therapist, but we had one spead to
our group recently. This advice is from her.

PS--Don't slouch!

Sally Yeo
sallyyeo -at- compuware -dot- com