job opening in Spokane, WA

Subject: job opening in Spokane, WA
From: Karen Otto <KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:57:30 -0700

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
Please please please don't kill the messenger on this one!
We have jobs which use writers who are specifically tech writing
trained, and we have jobs which require a BSEE. The only job which is
open requires the BSEE.

This job is with Hewlett-Packard in the Learning Products Department.
This division, located in Spokane, WA, makes test equipment for the
radio industry. The primary user of the test equipment are cellular
manufacturers and service providers. It is a full-time, permanent
position.

Skills/requirements:
BSEE or similar
Enthusiasm for this kind of work!
RF communications knowledge (cellular experience a plus)
Experience or ability to write highly technical manuals
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to work in team environment
Some programming experience (BASIC and/or C preferred)
Ability to learn or use Frame 5

Duties include:
User identification and profiling
Understanding cellular test requirements and creating procedures for
them
Customer visits (probably <6 weeks per year total)
User interface evaluation (contribute to improving it!)
Topic list and outline creation
Creating the documents
Writing and testing programming examples
Evaluating accuracy (for example by writing code to test syntax)
Working with the HW/FW design teams to create a complete product.

Please send resumes to my e-mail address BEFORE APRIL 3:

karen_otto -at- hp-spokane-om2 -dot- om -dot- hp -dot- com

I am a member of the hiring team. I will share all resumes with the
rest of the team.

Thanks,
Karen Otto, LPE (Learning Products Engineer)