good multimedia

Subject: good multimedia
From: Joyce Flaherty <flahertj -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 1996 18:13:07 EST

Text item: Text_1

Steven Owen wrote:
> Truly good hypertext is out there, although it's hard to find.
> Does anybody have any favorite suggestions for well-done hypertext?

> Truly good multimedia is even harder to come by. I don't have
> any electronic examples. I think that, in the computer realm, the
> potential of multimedia is mostly unfulfilled to date.

My favorite is still Microsoft Encarta 94. IMHO, 95
is not as good, not to mention the update mechanism.
You have to buy the 95 base version to make use
of the 96 and subsequent supplements. Guess I'll
have to go to Grolier.

I haven't seen the Petting Zoo, but I've heard good
things about it. It sounds like a children's ref
source on animals.

joyce flaherty
flahertj -at- smtpgw -dot- liebert -dot- com