Re: AS/400 Online Help

Subject: Re: AS/400 Online Help
From: Carl Rudorf <crudorf -at- CCMGATE -dot- MBSBOOKS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 07:49:36 CST

On 3/20/96 Kim Cramer wrote:

<snip> . . . I went to our AS/400 development group to ask what they use.
Basically, they told me that they wrote something themselves . . . . <snip>

Thanks Kim!

Our development staff used to include online help with their code, too. Pretty
basic stuff, actually; rather soundly criticized by our customers. (EG, If you
want to blah blah blah, enter Y. If you do not want to blah blah blah, enter N.)
The idea is to provide something a bit more substantitive, something that relies
more heavily on the hardcopy I've written. All very well and good, except of
course, hardcopy and softcopy are different breeds of the same aminal. Trying to
articulate this fact isnt really worth the effort though, especially when minds
have been made up.

GUI/400 huh? Wow! You mean the ol green screen's days are numbered? We're
investigating that route too. We'll stick with IBM's stuff though -- after all,
the marketing reps can *sell* the new front end.

Anyway . . . thanks.

carl rudorf
crudorf -at- mbsbooks -dot- com