Re: win31 vrs. win95 help

Subject: Re: win31 vrs. win95 help
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 21:59:00 EST

At 08:52 PM 3/20/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello all,

>Can anyone tell me whether or not windows help created for Windows 3.1 will
>run on a Windows95 system?

>If I recall correctly, win31 help works in Windows95, but Windows95 help
>does not necessarily run on win31.

>TIA,
>James Lockard
>norton -at- mcs -dot- net

Yes, and yes, with reservations.

You can make Win95 help run under 3.1, but I don't know why you'd want to.
3.1 files work beautifully under 95.

However, if you're thinking of mixing and matching, it's a bit risky if your
users are seasoned in 95 and expect 95-type help. It's different, and there
are more capabilities than there were in 3.X. I'm still doing exclusively
3.X files, but that's because nobody has yet ordered a 95 file.

Tim Altom
Vice President
Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice)