Re: Week of Year

Subject: Re: Week of Year
From: GCheski -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 13:53:25 -0500

>>Subj: Re: Week of Year
>>Date: 96-03-19 17:39:43 EST
>>From: hxh -at- formtek -dot- com (Helen Hegelheimer)
>>To:TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu, GCheski -at- aol -dot- com

>>This is a joke, right ? Our esteem List owner is reaching for his list
>>of what's appropriate posting for this list....and this doesn't make the
>>cut. Either, IMHO, do the post on gender writing, the elusive copyright
>>thread and my favorite current deviation "the downfall of this list."

>>I say sarcastically, TECHWR-L stands for Technical Writing List. Shall
>>we discuss something to do with communications ?

>>Helen Hegelheimer
>>hxh -at- formtek -dot- com

Surely YOU must be the one joking! It is difficult to believe that someone
would get so upset over a posting on a mailing list. Since you are not the
owner of the list, I guess you are going to have to find a way to cope with
postings that you feel aren't appropriate for the list. If you are truly
concerned about the list, perhaps you should consider whether "flaming" posts
are appropriate. If you don't like the postings, I suggest you become
familiar with the UNSUBSCRIBE command, and let the rest of us get on with our
discussions about technical writing.