Internet Usage By Tech Writers

Subject: Internet Usage By Tech Writers
From: Michael Andrew Uhl <uhl -at- VISLAB -dot- EPA -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 11:07:56 -0800

I apparently work much like Kat Nagel does. I regularly use
these internet services:

Email (for professional correspondence, listservers, e.g. TECHWR-L)
FTP (document/file transfer with clients, colleagues and across the
many different computers I use)
WWW (I write Web patches, see, for example, http://www.epa.gov/nesc/)
Telnet (remotely log into the many different computers I use)

I read newsgroups only for personal use to monitor local area employment
activities.

-Mike

Kat Nagel (katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net) wrote:

I regularly use these internet services:

Email (for professional correspondence, mailing lists)
Newsgroups (research, problem-solving)
FTP (document/file transfer with clients and colleagues)
WWW (subject research and --- real soon, now --- marketing)
Telnet (accessing online library catalogs and bibliographic databases)

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel
MasterWork Consulting Services Rochester, NY
LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

--

Michael Andrew Uhl, Lead Technical Writer (uhl -at- vislab -dot- epa -dot- gov)
Lockheed Martin, Primary Support Contractor to US EPA