Re: Evolving language or laziness?

Subject: Re: Evolving language or laziness?
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 07:38:49 -0800

>"An individual approaches two doors, each with a different symbol on it.
>What is the first thing this individual should do?" See how many people say
>"Well, he or she.." Most educated (And I don't just mean anointed with a
>degree) would instantly blurt out "He should..."

Given that you've gone out of your way to hide the sex of the "individual,"
I think most folks would begin "They should . . ." I know I would. ...RM

Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer
srm -at- c2 -dot- org Copyright 1996 Review Editor, IEEE Micro
http://www.c2.org/~srm/ All rights reserved President, Berkeley STC